With Europe facing its worst refugee crisis since World War 2, many charities and groups are asking for help with the recent influx of refugees requiring aid, be it financial donations or through goods being donated. Project Tom is a charity we have been in communication with in previous years, and this year for Christmas, they have asked us to get on board with their Refugee Crisis Christmas appeal for donated goods.
Items you may wish to donate:
– Packaged Toothbrushes
– Boxed toothpaste
– Face flannels
– Soap bars
– Sleeping bags
– Camping equipment
– Warm winter/outdoor clothing suitable for men, women and children of all ages
– Gloves, hats and scarves
(You can donate second-hand items, just make sure they are washed, clean and in a good condition.)
When and where to bring your items:
There are two locations:
1. Cafe Soya Restaurant, Upper Dean St, Birmingham Chinatown, B5 4SG (the big Cafe Soya, opposite Bullring Debenhams and the Rag Market).
– Open for drop-offs during their business hours (12pm – 10:30pm)
2. This Sunday, 22nd November, you can bring things to the Birmingham Chinese Evangelical Church, 14 Upper Gough St, Birmingham, B1 1JG.
– We will be taking it down to Soya Cafe later that day. If you’d like to help with the sorting and bringing down to Soya Café, Larry Chau will be in charge on the day.
Final Deadline: 6pm Thursday 26th November 2015 (at Cafe Soya).
All donated items will be sorted and sent out directly to Lesbos, in Greece via Convoy of Hope for Humanity, which you can read all about on the Birmingham Mail website.
We hope you will be on board with us here at the BCEC in donating goods for those that are in dire need this Christmas.